Case Reports or Case Series of both clinical and surgical endodontic relevance will be suitable to compete for this award.
15th May 2016
The partecipation to this award competition is reserved to SIE Members which will have regularly enrolled no later than this coming 15th July.
Both a single case report and a case series work could compete for this award:
- case report: it should have been written by one author only, which should also be the operator of the presented clinic study.
- case series: the presenting author should be the owner of at least one of the presented clinical cases
The author could be co-author in more than one work but presenting author in one only.
Each presentation, both in final and ordinary sessions, will necessarily last maximum 15 minutes. At the end of each session, 15 additional minute discussion with the public will be available, in compliance with the timetable. Delays won’t be allowed; the session moderator will interrupt presenting authors at the end of the provided minutes. Presenting authors are asked to be present during the final debate.
Each Abstract that will be submitted to SIE’s Cultural Committee for the Giorgio Lavagnoli Award shall be written in Italian or in English and structured as follows:
Both the presentation of a single Case Report or of a Case Series will be admitted. The submitting author should be the responsible of the Case Report or the owner of at least one of the presented Case Series.
The introductive part of the abstract shall include a detailed “case description”, which should describe how the diagnosis has been reached, how the treatment has been decided and which the prognosis will be.
While describing the objectives, the operator shall reconfirm the treatment plan according to the scientific literature indications.
- MATERIALS and METHODS
Describe in detail the techniques used to treat the clinical case. The lecturer shall submit radiographic documentation according to the criteria established by SIE Members Committee. Radiographic documents should be completed by photos.
Describing the results, the lecturer shall highlight the results, advantages and disadvantages of the operations that have been conducted.
Discussing the case, it will be necessary to indicate whether the operated treatment complies with the scientific evidence.
Abstract shall fulfil the following requirements:
- it shall contain: the competition category, the report title, name and qualification of all authors, address and email address of the contact person;
- the total lenght should be minimum 1600 characters and maximum 2750 characters, blank spaces included; references are excluded from the count.
- references shall be of a certain relevance, not below 5 though not above 10. The author shall link the references to the text via specific number.
- the abstract shall be sent to SIE in digital format only, using the form in this very page.
- should the abstract contain any image, they should be submitted within the presentation form, not attached as distinct files